Happy Earth Day 2015! What will you do to celebrate? Hope our ideas will not only be helpful for today, but that you will always keep them in mind to enjoy and support. It is because of places like this that make us LUCKY TO LIVE HERE
While you’re out enjoying our Earth, be sure to take pictures and leave only footprints behind. Post on instagram @luckytolivehere, hashtag #earthday #luckytolivehere #ltlh. Join NASA’s mission and share pictures and videos of your favorite places on Earth using #NoPlaceLikeHome.
Caumsett State Historic Park
1. Sign up for Run for Caumsett – a 5K walk/run on Sunday 5/17. All proceeds will go to the benefit and preservation of this incredible 1500 acre historic state park preserve in Lloyd Harbor.
2. Learn more about Volunteers for Wildlife located in Locust Valley and sponsor an animal.
3. Bring the kids to Huntington’s Family Earth Day Expo on 4/25 from 9AM to 1:00PM to learn about going Green. Learn about e-cycling, a green showcase, plastic bag recycling and a touch a truck event.
5. Learn about fresh water ecosystems at the Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium then take a hike in the adjacent St. Johns Pond Preserve trail to explore some of Long Island’s oldest forests.
7. Be informed and support local land conservation efforts of the North Shore Land Alliance including DeForest Williams and the Shore Road Restoration Project , both in Cold Spring Harbor.
9. Understand, appreciate and enjoy our local marine environment at The Waterfront Center in Oyster Bay.